Apprentice Mechanical Engineer - Level 3 - Manchester, Crewe and East Midlands (Field based)
Qualifications needed 3 GCSE grade 9-4 inc. Maths, English and a Science or Intermediate Apprenticeship
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Mechanical Engineering Apprentice within our Rail business. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
This is a Mechanical/electrical /electronic engineering role, maintaining and repairing On-Track machines. Working in field services keeping the fleet serviceable and maintaining machines in the workshop on periodic maintenance
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for a Engineering Technician Apprenticeship: Mechatronics Level 3 over 42-48 months with the first year being spent at college.
What you'll be doing
- Preventative maintenance of On-Track machines
- Repairs of On- Track machines
- Working in the field maintaining machines
- Workshop maintenance of machines
- Working in a small team
- Manage time and workload
- Adhere to H&S procedures
- Carry out condition monitoring of specialist plant & equipment
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 3 GCSEs including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- Interest in working in a hands-on engineering role
- Happy to get hands dirty and work on heavy machinery using heavy tools
- Work experience or Part time employment is desirable
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.