Apprentice Mechanical Field Service Engineer – Water - United Utilities - Nantwich and Preston
Not taking applications
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Land Based
- Plastering and Decorating
- Countryside Management
- Estate and Property Management
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
Apprentice Mechanical Field Service Engineer – Water
- Nantwich - Ref no.: 12638
- Preston - ref no 12639
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
A bit more about the role
As a mechanical field service engineer, you'll learn how to maintain, refurbish and replace our mechanical equipment. Therefore, ensuring our water assets are available and are working correctly, helping to keep services running smoothly for customers.
Our mechanical field service engineers are responsible for making sure our mechanical assets and equipment are always running up to standard on our water treatment works.
During the four year apprenticeship, you'll have the chance to develop valuable engineering skills as you learn how to maintain, refurbish and replace our mechanical equipment on our water treatment works, ensuring that it remains complaint and working correctly.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Utilities Engineering Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to follow the company's rigorous health and safety standards, keeping yourself and others safe;
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focussed on ensuring our plants continue to operate at maximum efficiency;
- How to work with a wide range of equipment, be able to identify any faults and carry out routine maintenance; and About scheduled maintenance activity and how to organise your workload effectively.
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in the role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there are lots of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
During your first year, you'll spend 8 months working from Bolton Technical Training Centre during the working week (Monday – Friday). If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided by United Utilities during this period, excluding weekends.
Once you've completed your apprenticeship you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota/shift pattern, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry, your training will prepare you for this, but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/2019Sign-up or log in to apply