Contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist with the provision of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to five years.
Work for an Ofsted-rated outstanding group of nurseries.
Be supported in your future career with opportunities for your ongoing professional development and career progression through our Early Year’s Education professional development programme – limited places exist for those who shine.
A fantastic opportunity to begin your career in early years education has arisen.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Give support to other team members throughout the nursery setting
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’ where you can help be most utilised; be constantly aware of the needs of the children
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery’s equal opportunities policy
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- Commit to Safeguarding children and provide support to other staff in ensuring children are kept safe and happy
- Understand that, as part of training, you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery and to other nurseries within the group.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment etc
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager