Our growth over the past 25 years is a result of our dedication to providing first class customer service. This is coupled with our policy of selling high quality branded products and working in partnership with leading industry manufacturers such as Gates, Trelleborg, Merlett, Roman Seliger, Reelcraft, Festo, TODO, Snap-Tite and many more.We still continue to provide competitively priced maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) products - in sectors from industrial production, food processing, horticulture, agriculture, power and petrochemical industries.
Our success is built on providing fast, cost effective and knowledgeable service alongside efficient local, national and international distribution.Our Technical Sales Team and External sales engineers are both experienced and trained in all of our products and their applications. They can be relied upon to help you with product identification, sourcing and problem solving. We will work with you, for you to provide the exact solution to your needs, with value added services such as assemblies, Hose Surveys, Belt Surveys and Industrial Regulations and standards.
Established in 1991 in Sleaford Lincolnshire Kiowa remains committed to providing high quality and cost-effective hose, hose assembly and fluid power products and services to customers throughout the UK and Europe.We now have 6 branches trading as Kiowa Ltd in Aberdeen, Carlisle, Glasgow, Teesside and Newcastle with the Sleaford branch now being Head Office.
- The purpose of this role is to provide great service to our customers by delivering orders promptly and efficiently.
- Receiving telephone and email requests for price quotations, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations.
- Accurately recording all enquiries and orders onto the MS Dynamics NAV system.
- Quoting using NAV software and/or compiling detailed quotations for more complex orders.
- Contacting suppliers and sourcing prices for non-stock items.
- Proactively following up on quotations to convert into orders and/or securing feedback if a quotation is not converted.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- Providing timely support to External Sales Representatives as and when required.
- Achieving relevant margins of all sales orders.
- Focus on up-selling.
- To undertake any other duties from time to time as can be reasonable requested by the company.
- Despatch goods with correct paperwork.
- Adequately package all orders for safe delivery to the customer.
- Accurately pick stock items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork, ensuring conformance to the customer’s requirements.
- Hose assembly.
- General stores duties.
- Delivery of goods in Company delivery van.
- Ensure all stock movements are accurately recorded.
- Work as a team player to help support and develop the workshop.
- To keep the working area/stores free of hazards as per the company’s health and safety policy, reporting any potential dangers as soon as they arise.
- Attention to detail and excellent accuracy
- Ability to work to procedures
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, internal and external, all levels
- Basic numeracy skills
- Able to prioritise workload
- Good computer skills
- Comply with Company Health and Safety policy
- Full clean Driving Licence (Essential)
- Monday - Thursday, 8am to 5pm
- Friday - 8.30am to 2pm
- 36.5 hours
- GBP 12,000 to GBP 14,000
- You will receive a competitive apprenticeship salary and benefits package and the opportunity to join a thriving company that offers excellent long-term prospects for progression
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.