Apprentice - Overhead Line Worker - Barrow, Blackburn, Kendal, Penrith, Stockport - Electricity North West
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Plastering and Decorating
- Countryside Management
- Estate and Property Management
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Blackburn remove
- Penrith remove
- Kendal remove
- Barrow-in-furness remove
- Stockport remove
Apprentice - Overhead Line Worker (Barrow, Blackburn, Kendal, Penrith, Stockport)
- Ref no.: 2432-099
- Salary: 12,699.44 - GBP
Electricity North West is a major employer. We’re champions of the North West and we’re proud that it’s our network that connects communities and helps keep the electricity switched on every minute of the day. Doing this is no mean feat and requires us to be adaptable in all that we do.
Electricity North West needs ambitious people like you to help us deliver an exceptional service to our customers across the North West and help us create a brighter, more sustainable future.
You’ll earn as you learn on our Overhead Line Worker Apprenticeship programme, which is aimed at providing you with the knowledge and technical skills needed for the role and creating our crafts people of the future.
Overhead Line Workers are responsible for building, maintaining and repairing overhead lines on wooden poles or steel towers, a critical service that our customers depend on. You’ll need a head for heights and be comfortable working outdoors in all weathers.
Dependant on your base location you will gain the opportunity to work in diverse locations from urban Manchester to rural Cumbria.
Over a three year apprenticeship programme, we’ll give you the opportunity to experience what it’s really like to be an Overhead Line Worker. You’ll receive technical skills training, get hands-on experience, and have the opportunity to study for a Level 3 Power Network Craftsperson Apprenticeship. If you want to steer your future in the right direction and make a positive impact on the world around you, apply for our Apprenticeship programme today.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary of £12,699.44 per annum;
- A fully funded programme to study for a Level 3 Power Network Craftsperson Apprenticeship;
- Annual leave starting at 23 days per year;
- Membership of a defined contribution pension scheme offering an employer contribution of up to 14%;
- Occupational health benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme;
- A range of optional flexible benefits;
- A professional mentor to support your development.
Working within electricity distribution has never been so exciting. Electricity North West is going through significant periods of change with new technologies emerging and being developed. Our Overhead Line Worker Apprenticeship will provide you with a spring board to an exciting career within the power sector.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of Maths, English and a Science GCSE at levels 4 - 9 or A* - C;
- Self-motivated team players with excellent attention to detail;
- An interest in driving forward your own career development;
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong customer focus;
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence (must be held before starting your apprentice with us)
You will also demonstrate an understanding of the following behavioural competencies:
- Customer understanding;
- Interpersonal awareness;
We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Appointments to our Overhead Line Worker Apprentice programme will be under a 3 year training contract.
The closing date for the submission of an application is Sunday 17 February 2019. We would encourage you to make an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Assessment Centres will be held week commencing 18 March 2019 and week commencing 25 March 2019.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.Sign-up or log in to apply