Apprentice Parts Consultant - Vertu Volkswagen Mansfield
As a Service Technician you will be involved in all aspects of maintenance and repair, from routine servicing to the complete component overhaul of vehicle systems.
Electronic fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment now forms part of the everyday routine in Volkswagen Group Centre’s. Technicians are also vital to customer care. The service provided by the workshop is a major factor considered by customers when they decide to replace their car.
Main duties for this service technician vacancy include the following;
- Marking out & measuring, basic hand tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials & Construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
On completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications:-
- A Standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Light Vehicle
- Qualification in Air Conditioning Refrigerant Handling
Future Prospects: Possibility of full time career/further training
Desired Qualifications: A minimum of three GCSE’s grades A-C (New Grades 4 – 9) in English, Maths and Science or the equivalent.
Things to consider: The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour as of April 2017. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please do not contact dealership, we are the main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out a full recruitment service for the local dealer. Approaching the dealer directly will not always help your application.