Apprentice Payroll Administrator Level 3 Newcastle 2020
Qualifications needed: 5 GCSEs grade 4/C or above
Applications close 27thApril 2020 however we may remove the advert should the role be filled before this date
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Newcastle
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever-changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Payroll Administrator. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship. You will ensure delivery of applicable scope of service against defined service measures.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Payroll Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced (level 3) Payroll Support Apprenticeship completed within 18 to 24 months.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Payroll Administrator:
- Enter data into the Oracle R12 payroll system as well as any other recording system, ensuring data is up to date and entered accurately whilst maintaining relevant documentation and filing systems, whether electronic or manual
- Administer payroll transactions and validations (such as timesheets, review of all manual calculations in readiness for payroll input and absence information) and provide data and reports as requested
- Manage and prioritise own workload via BMC, providing updates and completion confirmation while adhering to team and individual SLA
- Respond positively, promptly and appropriately to all internal and external work orders
- Liaise closely with payroll and finance to administer payments
- Act as the first point of contact for any relevant Service Line queries relating to time and attendance queries within the organisation and escalate when appropriate
- Contribute to the effective working of Employee Services teams to ensure seamless service line delivery
- Ensures a focus on accuracy through self-review and peer checking
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values and Behaviours
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths, English (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- High level of attention to detail
- Good administration skills
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Work experience within an administration role or Part time employment
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.