Apprentice Plant Fitter 2019 - Level 2 - Thurnscoe (near Barnsley)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Health & Safety
- Barnsley remove
Qualifications needed: no prior qualifications required
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Thurnscoe.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Plant Fitter. Taking responsibility for the health and safety of you, colleagues and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work, and for the environment. You will study for and be expected to pass an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Plant Maintenance within 2 years. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
What you'll be doing
- To report to and follow work instruction from Plant Fitters and supervisor.
- To maintain, fault find and repair specialised plant & equipment under supervision and guidance.
- To carry out inspections on plant & equipment under supervision
- To be self motivated.
Who we're looking for
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop within plant maintenance
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- Well-developed team and people skills, you'll have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project.
- You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team
- You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to join the construction industry
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Sign-up or log in to apply