Apprentice (Process Controller), United Utilities - Macclesfield, Oswestry, Denton
- Business & Admin
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Land Based
- Plastering and Decorating
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Manchester remove
- Macclesfield remove
- Oswestry remove
Apprentice (Process Controller)
- Macclesfield - Ref no.: 12631
- Oswestry - ref no 12632
- Denton - Ref no: 12628
- Salary: £12,500.00
- Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join us on our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*;
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career; and
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region, engaging with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
As a process controller, you'll play a vital role in ensuring customers' water is taken care of. You will do this by learning how to operate and control our water treatment works. No two days are the same as an apprentice process controller.
During the three year programme, you'll learn how to make our water treatment processes run smoothly by learning how to operate our systems and the equipment we use to deliver drinking water to customers, making sure it complies with strict compliance regulations.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Water process Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn how to:
- Work as a team to ensure our water treatment works run smoothly and comply with strict health and safety and compliance regulations; and
- Follow our site procedures and standards to ensure that all of the processes that we use are working to their full potential.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in the role.
You could also be dealing with suppliers and contractors so you'll need to have some good personal skills too.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4 which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there' are lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
During your first year, you'll spend one working week out of every month at our Bolton Technical Training Centre. If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided for this period, excluding weekends.
Once you've completed your apprenticeship, you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota/shift pattern, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry, your training will prepare you for this but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/2019Sign-up or log in to apply