About the role
Apprentice Quantity Surveyor Degree Level South West
Qualifications needed: 3 A levels/5 Highers/112 UCAS points or equivalent or Advanced Apprenticeship
Closing Date applications are open until 26th June 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We designed our five-year Commercial Apprenticeship Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
You will follow a five-year training programme as part of our RICS-accredited degree Apprenticeship, geared towards you achieving Incorporated Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a Site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
* BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent Quantity Surveying Level 6 Diploma
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor include:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the clients needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 3 A-levels, HNC or 112 UCAS points or equivalent in Maths
- Minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A*- C including Maths and English with a B in Maths
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.