With fairness at the heart of everything we do, we embrace difference and treat everyone as equals. We’re a diverse organisation, but something we all share is our values. They’re central to the way we work – and work together. We’re an independent, not-for-profit organisation that sorts out disputes between financial businesses and their customers. We do this by making decisions that are fair – and feel fair to both sides.
The Financial Ombudsman Service is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. We’re committed to being a great place to work – attracting and developing people from the widest possible range of backgrounds. We want everyone to perform at their best and feel able to be themselves. We understand that if we’re diverse and inclusive, we’ll better understand different perspectives, which is fundamental to our job resolving financial complaints.
Our service desk plays an essential role in providing all our people with the stable and reliable IT environment they need. As an apprentice service desk analyst, you’ll work with our service desk team to provide support services to our customers. You’ll gain an understanding of how systems work together and will provide rapid and friendly answers to queries your customers have, mainly over the phone.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Making sure that incidents and service requests are logged, progressed and resolved according to our agreed standards and procedures
- Building your technical knowledge to be able to logically and methodically get to the heart of problems
- Carefully following the guidance in our knowledgebase to provide fixes for reported it problems
- Managing and maintaining our desktop assets – you’ll make sure that the returned assets are serviced, complete regular audit checks, including physical moves of equipment
- Adhering to our standard operating procedures to complete service requests
- Managing your customers’ expectations, ensuring that they’re kept updated on the status of their outstanding it calls, in line with expectations
- Escalating calls to the right it teams at the appropriate time based on our procedures
- Showing initiative and helping improve the IT service desk customer experience
- Spotting trends and regular IT problems that our people are having and reporting back on them
- Building relationships with our customers and your colleagues, and working as a team to provide a great service to all our customers
- Delivering on your own objectives and apprenticeship programme in line with our values – and working collectively with the organisation to contribute to our commitments as a whole
Desired skills / personal qualities:
- We’re looking for someone who’s a strong team player – always keen to help out and share knowledge and knows how to deliver excellent customer service
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail and will be able to look at a problem and identify a solution or think of new ways to tackle it
- You’ll need to be flexible, willing to adapt and show the potential to quickly grasp a range of processes and procedures
If you have a genuine interest in starting or developing a career in IT support and have achieved 5 GCSE’s at grades A-C or 4-9, including English and Maths, then apply today!
There's a possibility to gain a full time position once you complete your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.