Rubicon-IT is a Managed IT Service provider and solutions company based just outside of London. The main focus of Rubicon-IT is to provide Managed IT services to customers who are based in London and the South East.
Rubicon is excited to o?er a new opportunity for an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer to join their committed IT Service team to provide high quality IT services to small to medium sized businesses, who are principally operating within the creative industries and use the Apple Mac platform. Some of their customers operate in the Fashion, Creative Design, Film and Architecture industries and include some very well-known brands.
As an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer, your key responsibility will be as the ?rst point of contact at their Service Desk to answer incoming telephone calls and to create new support tickets within an ITIL led service desk system (Autotask).
- Qualifying new support requests and escalation to Level 2/3 Service Desk queues
- Performing backup monitoring
- Managing Antivirus (Webroot) alert tickets
- Carrying their hardware pre-con?gurations in the workshop
- Furthermore, you will work closely with the Service Administrator and the rest of the Service Desk team as to ensure the ongoing delivery of high quality IT services to their clients
- GCSEs or equivalent at Grade A to C (in English, Mathematics and a Technology /IT subject), or other relevant quali?cations
- Experience working with technology/IT at a basic level
Desired personal skills:
- A strong desire to work in IT
- A con?dent, professional manner and someone who is honest and reliable
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, someone who is con?dent talking to customers using the phone
- Flexible, con?dent and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Thorough and detail oriented with the ability to maintain system records accurately
- Accept responsibility for personal performance and demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- An industry competitive apprenticeship salary
- 23 days holiday per annum
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing professional and personal development plan
- Up to 5 days training per annum, relevant to your position
- Salary review on successful completion of apprenticeship scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.