Apprentice Service Technician
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Automotive Apprenticeships
As an Apprentice Service Technician you will be involved in all aspects of maintenance and repair from routine servicing to the complete component overhaul of vehicle systems.
Electronic fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment now forms part of the everyday routine in Volkswagen Dealerships. Technicians are also vital to customer care. The service provided by the workshop is a major factor considered by customers when they decide to replace their car.
This vacancy consists of a 40 working hours per week, mostly between Monday – Friday, you may however also be required to work some Saturdays. Anyone under the age of 18 will be able to work a maximum of 8 hours a day/40 hours per week.
Main duties for this service technician vacancy include the following;
- Marking out & measuring, basic hand tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials & Construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
Qualifications to Achieve - On completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications:
- VCQ Level 3 in Maintenance and Repair of Light Vehicles
- Key and Core Skills Certificates
- IMI Technical Certificate
- Advanced Apprenticeship Completion Certificate
A minimum of a C grade GCSE (new grade 4 – 9), or equivalent, in the following 3 subjects; English, Maths and Science. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.Sign-up or log in to apply