Apprentice Service Technician - Struan Mazda - Perth
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Automotive Apprenticeships
- Perth remove
With Babcock International your apprenticeship will enable you to carry out a wide range of tasks to a high standard. From routine maintenance and servicing to complete component overhauls. You will be guided over two years for an Apprenticeship or three years for an Advanced Apprenticeship, by your own occupationally trained and qualified Vocational Coach.
Main duties for this service technician vacancy include the following;
- Marking out & measuring, basic hand tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials & Construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
On completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications:-
- Advanced NVQ in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Advanced Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional/Core Skills Certificate
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Hours: 40hrs per week Monday - Friday
Future Prospects: Opportunity for f/t employment once qualfied
Skills Required: Good communication and ICT skills are essential.
Personal Qualities: You must have a genuine interest working in the automotive sector and be committed to the two year apprenticeship programme. You must be willing to learn in a hand’s on environment and will need to be confident with your IT skills.
Qualifications Required: A minimum of 3 GCSE grades "C/D" in Maths, English Language, Science and ICT or equivalent.
Reality Check: Please do not contact dealership, we are main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out a full recruitment service for the local dealer. Approaching the dealer directly will not always help your application.Sign-up or log in to apply