Apprentice Sign Maker (30952)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Warrington remove
Signs Express Warrington has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Manufacturing Operative. Working in production and dealing with operations in that area, you will be working with colleagues that cover a vast spectrum of skills.
A normal day would include
The successful applicant will work alongside their experienced production staff learning all aspects of the business including the layout/design, preparation and application of vinyl graphics onto signs, vehicles, windows etc. You will also on occasion be involved with installing signs at customer’s premises plus other duties as required.
Duties will include:
• Prepare surfaces (‘substrates’) before applying vinyl;
• Apply vinyl sheets to a variety of surfaces, which typically include rigid plastics and vehicle bodies;
• Use different application techniques depending on the job - ‘wet’ for transparent surfaces such as glass and acrylic sheet where graphics are seen from both sides, ‘dry’ for other surfaces;
• Remove vinyl films from surfaces.
This is a customer facing role and it is important for the successful applicant to have strong customer service skills.
Vinyl applicators assemble and apply vinyl graphics for vehicles, signs and banners. Adhesive vinyl is used for all kinds of sign products e.g taxi cabs, window graphics, customised designs or ‘decals’ for consumer vehicles, and specialist self-adhesive vinyl media such as all-over body graphics.
What you could go on to do
To learn all aspects of the business
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.bing.com/maps to see how you would get there and how long it would take.Sign-up or log in to apply