Crane Building Services & Utilities forms part of the Fluid Handling Group within Crane Co, which was founded in 1855. This is a multi-industry, New York Stock Exchange quoted company with net sales in 2014 of $2.9bn.
The primary role of the Apprentice Software Developer is to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers with responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of projects.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Working with senior developers to assist with creating product solutions
- Writing code for software programmes
- Interpret design documentation and specifications and collating feature requests
- Extracting data and processing results
- Testing solutions
- Follow the appropriate procedures for logging, reviewing, prioritising, scheduling and accepting IT department work requests
- Maintain familiarity with the latest developments within the IT industry and keep the IT Team apprised of such developments that might be of benefit to the organisation
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Participate and contribute to CBS through the attendance of Kaizen’s
Desirable Skills / Personal Qualities:
- Pro-active results orientated approach
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise a varied workload
- Able to contribute ideas and think for themselves
- Can use their own initiative to solve problems
- Can demonstrate good attention to detail
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.