Airedale International Air conditioning designs, manufactures and sells air conditioning units and systems into industrial and commercial applications. They are based in Leeds, West Yorkshire and have home based employees throughout the UK. They employ around 500 people in the UK. Airedale is owned by the Modine Manufacturing Company who is an automotive component supplier whose products involve heat transfer.
They have operations across the world employing around 12,000 employees. Their products help cool computers and they sell in significant markets such as the data centre markets.
You’ll be working within the applications development team as part of a fast pace IT department the position is responsible for the day-to-day support and the on-going development of the bespoke applications developed solely in-house.
The position will gain experience working across the full C# .Net software development lifecycle from front to backend on desktop in-house applications and will receive external training along with mentoring from a close-knit cross-functional team.
- Support end users of the in-house developed applications, gaining a strong understanding of application maintenance and support processes
- Expand experience by working within the development team to test, develop to specification, and ultimately contributing to design in order to deliver business critical solutions
- Work with end users to identify opportunities for improvement of current and future applications
- Familiar with object oriented programming
- Familiar with C# .Net WinForms development experience
- Exposure to SQL DML or similar
- You will have a proven work history (full or part-time) in a structured environment (IT or software development work history is not a requirement)
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable with group discussions across all levels of the business
- Proven work history (part or full-time)
- Good mathematics capabilities
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
Other desirable attributes:
- The position suits a technical minded individual with the desire to embark upon a career within Microsoft driven development.
- The ideal candidate will have good AS, A-Level or equivalent qualifications with some exposure to software development using object oriented programming be willing to learn new technologies.
- GCSE or higher IT related certificate(s)
- Good AS or A-Level certificates (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.