Novarum DX technology transforms a smartphone into a diagnostic test reader, empowering users to read and share the results of rapid tests from the point of care.Our pioneering technology can be used by anyone, anywhere, with minimal training: connecting patients and doctors, field workers, lab researchers and primary care clinicians to specialist practices as part of a mobile eco-syste.
An amazing opportunity has come up to join the software test team at Novarum DX.As part of this role you will predominantly be working with Xamarin with additional exposure to C# and Python. The Apprentice Software Tester will be responsible for assisting the Senior Software Tester in: creation and execution of software test plans, the investigation and recreation of customer issues, investigation and triaging of service desk issues, improving software quality by reducing the number of escaped bugs in customer products, updating software data in the company’s QMS and producing high quality test related documentation.
The culture of Novarum is very collaborative and they have a relaxed dress code with a flexible working schedule. Someone with a keen interest in gaming would definitely fit in well to the team!
- Assist in the development of product test storage and test plans.
- Assist the Software Development team(s) in the re-creation of software bugs.
- Replicate customer issues and appropriately document re-creation steps and rate of occurrence.
- Systematically document test results to Novarum DX standards.
- Update elements of Technical Design Specifications (TDS) under supervision.
- Liaise and provide progress updates to Novarum DX customers with regards to test status and bug details.
- Own and carry out specific test executions from approved test plans for customer projects and internal QMS validation.
- Competently understand and use the company’s QMS.
- Competently use JIRA to: create, update and close software bugs.
- Own JIRA Service Desk issues from initiation and triage through to assignment and close out.
- Monitor the JIRA Service Desk for reported customer issues.
- Carry out reasonable test related duties as requested by the Senior Software Tester, Software Team Manage and Head of Regulated Product.
- Novarum seek a mature, inquisitive individual that has a good work ethic and is keen to learn.
Additional qualities that are desired are:
- Knowledge of basic computing principles Basic computing skills with passionate about software
- Basic understanding of iOS and / or Android OSUser level understanding of mobile apps and web browsers
- Clear communication Interest in Medical / Science applications
- Highly motivated and customer driven
- Delivers on time
- 37.5 hours
- GBP 16000 pa
- There are defined career progression pathways within the organisation
- As the team grows there will be opportunity to be promoted and increase earning potential GBP 18000 in year 2 and then a further increase on completion of the apprenticeship
Benefits from Day 1:
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 5% contributory pension scheme (matched up to 5%)
- Covered by the Company’s Life Assurance benefit
- 20 days holiday per annum (increasing to 23 days after 3 years of service)
- 9 bank holiday days (Employees based in Scotland)
- 1 day of leave to take on your birthday (If this falls on a weekend or bank holiday it is to be taken on the nearest day to your birthday)
- 3 days leave at the Company’s discretion when the business shuts down during the period between Christmas Day and New Year's Day
After 6 months:
- Private health care scheme, free for self but a taxable benefit. This Aviva scheme includes additional features of Back to Better and Digital GPP articipation in Cycle Scheme.
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.