The THG apprenticeship programme is a great way to gain new skills in one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry-leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions At THG we are committed to developing our future talent through the THG apprenticeship programme. If you think you’ve got what it takes to join us and make an impact at THG, we would love to hear from you.
You are the face of IT and will have excellent Customer service skills ensuring that each and every employee is able to perform their roles in the most efficient way possible.
Main Responsibilities: (but not limited)
- Provide strong customer service for internal IT teams as well as Business Partners and employees, working closely with the Server and Networking teams · Keeping asset and change management systems up to date at all times
- Key role in developing corporate standards for desktop computer software and hardware and conducting reviews to ensure compliance to standards
- Responsible for successful deployment and upgrades of hardware
- Perform computer management and system administration activities
- Proactive management of open incidents, working with technical support teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA
- Support of the following Technology: Microsoft Office products, Windows 10, Mac OSX, desktops, laptops, multi-function printers, basic LAN/WAN connectivity
- Daily communication of service business line status
- Ensuring all calls that cannot be resolved are allocated to the relevant support team in a timely manner and resolved
- Updating and writing Knowledge Base entries when new solutions are established
- Raising awareness of regular repeat Incidents
- Raising Problem Records for investigation
- Virus Protection and Updates
- Security Patching
- Keeping all documentation and diagrams up to date and accurate
- Performing all daily checks consistently and resolving issues
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Warm, friendly and approachable demeanour striving for top rate customer satisfaction
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a want to find and understand the problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Be a self-starter - Be the one pushing the boundaries
Proactive - you can spot problems/challenges before they arise
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme.
- £100 Attendance Bonus each month for full attendance.
- Staff Discounts across THG brands.
- Discounted gym memberships for multiple locations in the local area.
- Exciting and endless career progression prospects.
- Salary – Competitive Apprenticeship Package
Desired qualification requirements:
3 GCSE Grade A - C or above, plus English and Maths or equivalent at grade C or above.
Working week: 8:30am -5:30pm.
Salary: £12641.20 rising to £15,000 after 6 months
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.