Apprentice Stores Controller-Manufacturing, Deanestor - Forest Town
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Warehouse and Storage
- Mansfield remove
About the employer
Deanestor design, manufacture and install quality furniture in the UK and also supply loose furniture and equipment. We specialise in furniture manufacture for markets that have specific requirements in design, strength, durability and aesthetics. With bespoke design services we can meet your specifications and provide an extensive choice of materials and finishes.
About the role
The preferred candidate will have some previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment, however if this is not the case of the ideal candidate on the job training will be given.
You will be working as part of a team and will be reporting into the Production Manager
As the apprentice stores person you will be:
- Involved in loading and unloading vehicles.
- Receive and count in deliveries via manual handling and the use of pallet trucks.
- Receipt goods into stock and book materials out of stock.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to work, after a period of time, using their own initiative.
- Assisting in the receipt, checking, location and movements of stock, both in and out, using the stock movement system to maintain a high level of accuracy at all times.
- Housekeeping, ensuring that all areas, both in the store and communal colleague areas are clean and adhere to clear floor policy and Health and Safety requirements.
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the job role.
Day to day duties will involve:
- Creating new stock numbers.
- Issuing goods from Stores.
- Monitoring Stores inventory.
- Recording goods received.
- Checking product quantity and quality or incoming goods against orders.
- Process invoices and delivery requisitions.
- Unpacking delivered goods and placing into stores.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 5
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
Warren Way , Crown Farm Business Park, Forest Town
Framework/Standard: Supply Chain Operative Level 2
Duration: 2 years
Weekly wage: £175.50
Hours per week: 39 Hours Per week
Mon to Thurs 8am- 4.30
Pay frequency: Monthly
Assisted travel: NoSign-up or log in to apply