Apprentice Support Desk Analyst
A leading UK food supplier providing the consumer with a range of great tasting food that includes fresh pork, gourmet sausages, cooked meats, air dried bacon and sandwiches along with a variety of non-meat products. Food is supplies under licensed brands and retailers private labels.
Cranswick are delighted to offer a ‘Digital & Technology Solutions Professional’ apprenticeship opportunity, for a duration of 48 months with an award of a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions and a role within the IT team upon successful completion. This apprenticeship will offer the opportunity to be part of an IT team that delivers IT support & projects within an ever-growing food manufacturing business. The successful candidate will engage with key stakeholders to further their learning and provide business support in supporting various users & systems throughout the business
You will be involved in supporting end users & businesses on the support desk with a view of rotating through the infrastructure team which will include security, networking, SQL/servers & cloud-based support. You will also be involved in various infrastructure projects which will include new builds & improving existing infrastructure.
- Support end users across the business on day to day challenges
- Support various systems across the business both at group level and site level
- Assist in improving existing processes
- Rotate through the support desk and infrastructure team to gain an understanding of IT at Cranswick
- Assist the implementation and delivery of key technology projects and processes
Desired skills, experience and personal qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to problem solve/troubleshoot
- Team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Strong time management skills
- Confident & enthusiastic individual that can provide a great customer service
- 3 ‘A’ levels, BTEC or level 3 apprenticeship/extended diploma
- GCSE English, Maths minimum C grade
07:00 - 16:00 or 06:00 - 15:00 or 09:00 - 17:00.
37.5hrs a week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.