DaXtra has led the way in CV/resume parsing software since 2002. DaXtra streamlines the workflow of your existing resume database management software, applicant management software and candidate management software.
Our suite of products offers searching and parsing of CVs/resumes and vacancies and candidate matching solutions. Daxtra automate the entire employment application process, helping recruitment companies quickly source the best available job seekers.
Dress down culture, very friendly and relaxed offices with free parking and on excellent bus routes. Fantastic benefits package.
Do you love technology? Are you passionate about IT and want to keep up to date with the latest technologies? Daxtra are looking for an apprentice support engineer. Your primary role will be to serve as 1st-line support for our external and internal clients. Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software, services, deployment, configuration and setup errors. Creates timely workarounds and fixes, including information sharing and consultancy, via effective internal and external communication, and follows required procedures in use of systems, and documentation. Escalates issues requiring more in-depth analysis, knowledge and resolutions as appropriate.We are looking for an Apprentice Support Engineer to learn how to provide high quality assistance to our clients. You will learn to diagnose and troubleshoot software and service problems and help our clients install, configure and use our applications and programs.
Support Engineer responsibilities include identifying software, configuration issues and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical documentation.You’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, with confidence and authority.Ultimately, you will be a person the customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. As an apprentice, we are expecting individuals that are keen to learn and expand their knowledge and career prospects by working and learning inside a professional, and progressive software and services company.
- Research and identify solutions to software and service issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including deployment, configuration and setup
- Ask targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients
- Refer to internal systems or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and documented
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- A basic grounding in Computers and Technology from education or hobbyist computing
- Relevant interest and working knowledge of computers and software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good Maths and English grades
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Sense of when to escalate a problem, or ask for assistance
- Problem solving and follow through, can think outside the box
- Pragmatic and thorough
- Maintain friendly and professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Monday to Friday
- 10-6pm for first 3 months then Flexi time will be introduced
- GBP 11,000 with quarterly bonus scheme
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.