Our business is about protecting life and improving the quality of life for people worldwide.
Our companies have a core focus on safety, health and the environment and our products provide innovative solutions for many of the key problems facing the world today.
Our technology is used to save lives, prevent injuries, and protect people and assets. We also develop products that secure and protect the elements critical to healthy lives.
The Systems Administrator Apprentice will be responsible for all 1st line support requests. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving laptop, printer, AV and software issues.
You will gain exposure to our Azure cloud and Cisco networking infrastructure and Windows server estate.
You will also be responsible for managing all company assets.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software
• Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment
• Conduct technology training for new users
• Conduct briefings and demonstrations on how to enhance system productivity
• Assist in the development of training materials
• Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
• Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current
• Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking
• Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorised software
• Complete special projects as requested
• Manage and update your workload on the global ticketing system
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Experience with the MS Office suite.
• General IT skills with a good understanding of IT
• A keen interest in Technology
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
• A can-do attitude to learn and support
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Exceptional customer service orientation
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
9am – 5pm – [flexibility to stay late, arriving early will be required],
[all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£16,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.