An opportunity has arisen in NHS Fife for an IT Technical Support Apprenticeship to join the Core Infrastructure Team. This is a fantastic career boost that will allow you to learn all aspects of Enterprise level IT Infrastructure Services and gain a feel for the wider IT Service Delivery spectrum, including: Applications Support, Cyber Security and Networking.The right person will join an organisation which is supporting the health and wellbeing of the people of Fife.
The successful candidate will join a team of 8 skilled engineers and will receive on the job training and mentoring to achieve the following key tasks:
- Proactive maintenance of Physical Servers across 60 sites
- Proactive maintenance of a large Virtual Server Farm
- Proactive maintenance of a significant
- Storage Array
- Update and Patch Management Incident Management Service Management
- Log and implement Minor Changes Involved in all aspects of infrastructure Communications
- Hardware Backup Solutions Delivery of Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Be involved in a significant programme delivery portfolio including GP Server Refreshes, Windows 10 and O365.
- In addition, there will be some structured training courses and an opportunity to obtain professional qualifications. It is anticipated that the apprentice will work / learn mostly within the Core Infrastructure team, but with short spells within the Application Support, Cyber Security and Network & Telephony teams.
- The desire and aptitude to personally deliver consistently high standards of quality in a customer service focused delivery environment.
- The ability to grasp the level of responsibility involved in providing 'always available' technology to colleagues delivering patient care.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and system problems.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation, both reference and instructional.
- Academic or experience based knowledge of common IT infrastructure hardware and software architecture and technologies.
- Enthusiastic approach to work with the appetite to continually drive improvement.
- Natural talent for building a rapport with colleagues and team members.
- A confident manner and personality to make a positive impact using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills and a logical approach to work.
- Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
- 27 annual leave days
- 8 public holidays
- Interviews will take place week commencing 26th November 2019
QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.