Apprentice Technology Engineer 2018 - UK Wide
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Avonmouth, Longbridge, Warwickshire or Westhoughton
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
To work within the Balfour Beatty Regional Technology Maintenance Contract (RTMC) in either the South West, North West or Midlands region. The RTMC is responsible for Technology Maintenance on the regions motorway and all-purpose trunk road network.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Highway electrical maintenance and installation operative Apprenticeship within 24 months
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Technology Engineer:
This role includes carrying out maintenance and fault/failure rectification activities on the following types of equipment – CCTV, ERT, MIDAS, RCC, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signal, Message sign and signal equipment in line with the Highways England and BB RTMC quality plan ensuring the technology systems are above the required 97% availability targets on a monthly basis
Other responsibilities within this role may include:
- Provide a customer focused/service/commercial approach to work.
- Ensure systems are above the required 97% availability target through efficient and effective working.
- Ensure HE TPMS data is captured and entered correctly and all data accurate.
- Attends faults, knockdowns etc. and carries out corrective maintenance including the reinstatement of sites, cable and equipment damaged by others.
- Carries out fault / failure rectification and maintenance duties, included within the on-call fault attendance rota and/or out of hours maintenance within the contract response times.
- Provides technical liaison for third party faults.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all faults are repaired within Contract timescales.
- Responsibility for ensuring all planned maintenance is carried out within Contract timescales.
- Undertake analysis and make recommendations for methods to reduce the long term fault rate within the region under the guidance of the NMCS System Performance Administrator.
- Undertake work on Traffic Signal systems and related equipment.
- Responsibility of employer’s stores, ensuring all stock is booked in and out.
- Ensure that the communications infrastructure is being maintained to standard.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Very strong customer focus
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website http://www.balfourbeatty.com/careers/graduates-undergraduates-and-school-leavers/meet-our-people/?section=apprentices and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click the below link:
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2018, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.Sign-up or log in to apply