Apprentice Trainee Underwriter with AIG
An exciting and progressive opportunity to join one of the worlds leading insurance companies. Through an immersive and accelerated learning programme called AIG Advance. You will gain an insight into how AIG underwrites a global portfolio across various product lines. Also, you will gain exposure to the entire insurance life cycle; how AIG distributes its products, calculates premiums, settles claims with a key focus to support our clients and customers. This is a terrific opportunity to earn and learn about an industry that is growing and important to the operation of every business segment in the world.
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities for the Role:
- To perform technical underwriting and claim tasks for different AIG business areas.
1. To undertake defined technical underwriting duties in line with standard operating procedures and service level agreements to support and assist underwriters for both new and renewal business.
- Work with other stakeholders (e.g. claims, actuarial, finance) to broaden knowledge of the underwriting market.
- Maintain and update effective workflow processes.
- Meet all agreed and approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure contract certainty.
2. To develop the required underwriting knowledge and skills to effectively support the underwriting process.
- Be able to identify key risks associated with specific industry sectors and individual clients
- Be able to identify macroeconomic factors that will increase clients exposure to risk events
- Understand how AIG assesses those risks and the underwriting strategy that should be applied
- Understand how AIG prices risk via day-to-day underwriting tools
- Handle and input to designated underwriting portfolios (e-trade platform, branch business).
- Ensure that all data is entered accurately.
- Understand the various insurance products that AIG offers our clients and customers, plus a basic understanding of AIG’s underwriting strategy and vision.
- Understand underwriting authority and how it is obtained.
- Communicate with London / regional underwriters throughout the UK, plus brokers, if appropriate.
- Adhere to all Compliance requirements.
3. Support the management of renewal lists in addition to team prospect list (Salesforce) as well as running and supplementing team with daily reports to support the management of the business workflow (lost business report, risks due for expiry report)
- Background information for broker relationship meetings (income reporting, loss runs, renewal / prospect lists, targets)
- Provide timely reporting on reinsurance submissions / closed vs EPI, AQI bandings where required.
4. To undertake all learning and developmental aspects relating to the AIG Advance programme e.g. CII Cert qualification, off-the-job and on-the-job activities and tasks.
- Utilise internal on-line training tools.
- Undertake the targeted Chartered Insurance Institute training programmes
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (9-4) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (B,B,C) from top 3 A Levels or equivalent qualifications