Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Locations: Bangor, Bedford, Bradford, Bristol, Bromsgrove, Carlisle, Castleford, Crawley, Croydon, Enfield, Grays, Luton, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Northampton, Preston, Reading, Swindon, Worcester
Closing date: 9th August
Do you want expert training, a chance to earn while you learn, and a lifetime of possibilities?
Are you interested in mechanics, from cars to HGVs?
We have an exciting opportunity to start your career at the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
As one of our apprentices, you will get more than just an education. You will gain skills that can set you up for life.
What will you be doing?
- Gaining experience repairing and maintaining heavy goods vehicles in a work placement
- Attending college to gain qualifications in heavy goods vehicle repair and maintenance
- Providing high quality, inclusive, customer focused services within the Approved Testing Facility (ATF) network
- Assessing the condition of a variety of classes of vehicles against statutory standards on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport
This role is a Fixed Term appointment for a maximum length of 3 years. There will be a possibility of this role becoming permanent once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Does this sound like you?
- An interest in mechanics and an eye for detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Team player who looks to add real value to your working environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 3 GCSE's in English, Maths and a Science at Grade C or Level 4 or above
Who are we?
DVSA helps everyone stay safe on Britain's roads. We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
If you would like the opportunity to drive forward your career while helping to keep Britain’s roads safe, we want to hear from you.