Apprentice Web Developer
Pro-Am Sports Ltd
Do you love sport and would like to work in the sports industry?
Pro-Am Sports is a dynamic, forward thinking, growing business in the sports industry. Pro-Am Sports ethos is that sport is a lifestyle not an activity. It is exciting times for our business and we need hard working motivated individuals to join our team.
Pro-Am Sports have a number of opportunities for someone to start a career, in a vibrant company, in an exciting industry and working with leading sports brands including Nike, Under Armour, New Balance and more.
You will be working in a fast moving, active business that will require you spend as much time away from your desk as sitting at it. We are looking for individuals who are ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
Web Developer & IT Systems.
Pro-Am Sports is looking for a Web Developer Apprentice to maintain and develop the systems and site that power Pro-Am Sports.
As part of a small team, the Apprentice Web Developer will help maintain and build on the current IT infrastructure. The day-to-day role will be based on our two systems, our ecommerce platform and our stock control and order management system.
- Working alongside our team to help to build and develop Pro-Am Sports ecommerce website.
- Manage and develop our backend order management system.
- Design and build landing pages on our ecommerce website
- Design and build bespoke customer shops
- Work closely with the team to develop new marketing strategies and help to implement e-mail campaigns.
- Develop individual knowledge base and help pass that knowledge onto the team.
- Social Media Platform Integration and Development
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- The individual will need to be and outgoing
- A good communicator
- Have the ability to learn quickly
- The candidate must have the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML, Java, Java Script, PHP is desirable along with a general understanding of Windows and especially Excel
The role is a great opportunity for a recent school/college leaver, with an IT qualification and interest.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- An ability to work independently and as a team
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A*-C including Maths, plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
Salary and Working Hours
£5.13 per hour,
9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (37.5 hours a week)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.