Apprentice Welder, AH Garner - Nottingham
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Nottingham remove
About the employer
The history of AH Garner began in the city of Nottingham with a single engineer with a particular speciality in blacksmithery and forging. An original set of hand-forged iron gates bearing the AH Garner name still exist in Nottingham today.
Today we specialise in the supply of hydraulic cylinders to Original Equipment Manufacturers. With over 45 years’ experience in this field, we have a proven track record of quality and reliability.
Moving forwards, we recognise that the constantly increasing demands made both on and by OEMs require us to be progressive in our outlook and approach. Our programme of continuous investment and development is focused on enabling us to consistently provide the best solutions to those exacting standards.
About the role
The overall objective of the job is to:
- To undertake a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation. This will involve ‘day release’ training at West Nottinghamshire College
- Work under close supervision commensurate with ‘on the job’ training within the Company, contributing in an efficient, co-operative and constructive manner in all aspects of the business in which you become involved
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of tools required to fulfil the role.
- Under supervision, carry out such tasks and duties that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence. These will include:
- Welding, fabrication and sheet metalwork, including shearing, folding etc.
- Changing Voltage
- Measurement and inspection techniques,
- machining tasks,
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out,
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 5
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
Employer: AH Garner Ltd
Location: Harriman’s Lane , Dunkirk, Nottingham NG7 2SD
Framework/Standard: Performing Engineering Operations Level 2
Duration: 2 years
Weekly wage: £331.50
Hours per week: 39 Hours Per week
7-3pm Mon to Thurs
Pay frequency: Weekly
Assisted Travel: NoApplication closed