Apprenticeship with Wales & West Utilities (Build & Repair, Electrical & Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering) - Various locations
Not taking applications
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Plastering and Decorating
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
Do you have the energy to make a difference?
You might not know us, but the chances are we are already closely connected. We look after the pipes that keep the gas flowing to heat homes and power businesses across Wales and the south west of England from Wrexham to Redruth. We make sure that the communities we serve have a gas supply they can rely on and a level of service they can trust. And now we are looking for new team members.
Our award winning apprenticeship programme has been running since we started operations in 2005 and have already recruited more than 170 apprentices from across Wales and the south west of England. Today, more than 20% of our team started work as apprentices with many of them now in managerial and leadership positions.
Our apprenticeships are open to everyone. They is the opportunity to earn while you learn, gaining real qualifications and experience while building a career that suits you.
The exact length of your apprenticeship will depend on the route you take but is usually three years.
During your apprenticeship you'll be training both on-the-job, working with our experienced engineers to learn technical skills, and in classrooms at our purpose built training academies or local colleges. You'll also be supported by dedicated, experienced mentors who will share their knowledge and experience of the gas industry throughout your apprenticeship.
Your training will vary depending on which apprenticeship route you follow, but some key areas are:
- Keeping yourself, your colleagues and our customers safe
- Delivering outstanding Customer Service
- Installing and maintaining the gas network and its control systems
- Using our IT systems and mobile technology
Could it be you?
We're looking for people who want to learn and develop in an organisation with a strong values based culture. We are passionate about our values and want to find people who share them to join our team and be part of an exciting future.
Our values are:
- We put customers first. We build trust by giving excellent service, listening and taking action on what our customers tell us.
- We work as a team. We build relationships with colleagues and partners, share best practice and encourage honest, open conversations, by never knowingly letting our colleagues fail
- We take pride. We take ownership and are accountable for our work, going above and beyond to get great results.
- We bring energy. We approach all our work with enthusiasm, always challenging ourselves to do better by embracing new ideas and innovative solutions.
We're now accepting applications for our 2019 Apprentice Programme. The closing date is 15 January 2019.
Being a gas engineer is not about your gender, ethnic background or sexual orientation. It is about the way you do things. So we welcome applications from anyone who thinks they can help us keep communities across Wales and the south west of England safe and warm.
Types of apprentices
Build & Repair
Electrical & Instrumentation
What you can expect from us
- At the end of your apprenticeship you'll be a fully qualified gas engineer
- A starting salary of £15,823 which will increase each year as you progress. Subject to annual pay reviews, your salary when you finish your apprenticeship will be £28,768
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- You will join our Defined Contribution pension scheme, and have access to our Flexible Benefits programm
Please visit our website!!Sign-up or log in to apply