Apprenticeships at Aon - work for a top global business and £17-19k starting salary
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Banking and Finance
Aon = Man Utd? Well they have been a shirt sponsor and are still one of the key Man U partners, Aon is also a large, global business with its roots in insurance, reinsurance and consultancy. In fact, there are more than 65,000 people working at Aon's offices around the world.
Its 2017 Apprenticeship programme is now open - and with a starting salary of £17-19k per annum it's well worth a look.
There are roles in the following locations:
Depending on the area you join, you’ll be using your numeracy, analytical abilities and strong communication skills to help clients address key questions that affect their businesses. What will be the impact of rising life expectancy? How would the collapse of the Eurozone affect the world economy? Aon’s business is to provide the answers.
At Aon, Apprentices have great development opportunities. Here are the kinds of things that you can be expected to get involved with:
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing transactional service activities
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of client risk and insurance programmes
- Contributing proactively to client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the broking process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
Being part of a network makes sense for an Apprentice, and you will meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate its business and grow a support network from day one.
You'll have a mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have.
Business seniors will also be actively interested and involved in your development.
The Aon Early Careers Team are there to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects.
Aon prepares you for success with lots of early responsibility and development opportunities. By learning on the job, you’ll quickly become a technical specialist with sound business knowledge, able to support account managers and consultants and help clients far sooner than you would in other organisations.
Full training and support will be provided by expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
Starting salary of £17-19k per annum
25 days' holiday
35 hour working week
If you have the following skills you should apply:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding of the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Keen desire to build on a basic understanding of insurance and progress your career quickly
- Five A*-C grade GCSEs including English and Maths
- At least 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017, and 112 UCAS points for exams to be sat post 2017, from three A levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies) eg BBC
Please follow the link below to apply:
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 31 January 2017.
Interviews will take place between February and April 2017 and the expected start date is October 2017.
Good luck and enjoy the seasonal break.
Want to take a look at what Aon Apprentices think? Here is Jonathan's story and here is Kayleigh's story.