Closing Date 03 April 2020 at Midnight
Star date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the w/c 13th July.
Reports to: Head of Transactional Processing
The Finance department provides Channel 4 with financial support and advice, ensuring the Corporation’s advertising revenue is working hard to deliver our public service, creative and commercial ambitions. Channel 4 Finance works with all areas of the organisation, giving financial guidance on financial reporting, investments and all general finance matters.
The Transactional Finance team manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Royalty Reporting functions.
Ensure timely payment and accurate processing of transactions and queries across internal and external customers and suppliers. This role focuses on supplier management, invoice processing, payment scheduling, employee expenses and query resolution.
Ensure the prompt recovery of trade debtor balances, generation of billing and accurate cash allocation. This role focuses on credit control, cash collection, credit insurance and billing processes for all advertising, sponsorship and other revenue generating activities.
Ensure the timely and accurate generation of producer statements, coding and approving supplier invoices and tracking reported but unbilled royalties. This position focuses on the creation and payment approval of statements issued relating to content distributed or played across Channel 4 platforms.
Working collaboratively and positively with all internal departments providing excellent service and support. Building successful working relationships and providing proactive business advice on all Transactional issues.
• Ensure that supplier and customer incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages are answered promptly.
• Assist with new supplier set up ensuring that bank details, legal name, addresses and spend categorisation is accurately recorded and approved.
• Monitor and check supplier and customer invoice interfaces to ensure that all records have been successfully transferred between systems.
• Audit employee expenses, ensuring claims have supporting documentation, authorisation and are policy compliant.
• Identify supplier and customer billing queries and disputes and work closely with the Corporation to ensure prompt resolution.
• Assist with the preparation and processing of weekly supplier payments including BACS, CHAPS and direct debits.
• Proactively target and collect customer balances ensuring that collections are maximised. Accurately log all collection activities in Oracle.
• Apply and allocate cash receipts promptly to ensure that customer accounts are up to date.
• Monitor and minimise customer unapplied and unidentified cash receipts ensuring that open items are applied, refunded or billed.
• Assist with customer invoice creation and dispatch ensuring that revenue has been accurately posted to Oracle and balanced to Sales feeder systems.
• Request credit checks on new and existing customers, working closely with external insurance partner and internal Sales and Finance teams.
• Prepare and reconcile advertising risk exposure reports on a regular basis. Review pro-forma billing to ensure that pre-pay clients have paid prior to transmission.
• Assist with the generation of producer royalty statements ensuring that reported data is accurate and correct.
• Monitor supplier invoicing back to royalty statements to ensure that invoices have been received as expected and work closely with the Management Accounting team to ensure that accruals are accurate.
• Process and code VAT only invoices and work closely with the C4 tax department to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Investigate and resolve producer and or internal royalty related queries analysing complex data extracted from multiple data sources.
Level 3 Assistant Accountant
Essential Experience and Skills
• 5 GCSEs, including Maths (minimum B grade) and English
• Desire to work within a Finance environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (as will be dealing with all areas of Finance as well as other departments within the business)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Willingness to assist in all tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player who can collaborate effectively and efficiently but who can also work (when required) independently
• Able to use own initiative to scout areas for improvements and suggest improvements for recurrent issues
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to ever changing deadlines