Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary- £28,800 - £32,500
Here at Anglian Water, we supply water and water recycling services to more than 6 million customers in the East of England and Hartlepool and cover the largest geographical area of any water and wastewater company in England.
We are committed to loving every drop and providing our customers with the most innovative and cost effective services to keep the water flowing throughout our communities.
But how are we to achieve this?
Well, we understand that, like our flowing water, we can not stand still and from 2015-2020 we have committed to spending £5 billion on combined operational and capital investment whilst having ambitious leakage and carbon emission reduction targets as we look to lead the way in environmental standards.
Essential to us maintaining our financial integrity and producing documentation to keep us within our regulatory requirements is our Finance team who are looking for a new Assistant Financial Accountant to join the team.
What will you be doing?
As our new Assistant Financial Accountant you'll be key in maintaining the integrity of the central finance general ledger accounts on SAP. You'll also assist in the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts, as well as taking ownership over the preparation of some smaller group entities at year end. As we continue to develop technological solutions, another key responsibility will be establishing improvement initiatives by automating controls and the reconciliation processes.
- Perform central finance balance sheet accounts reconciliations in accordance within the timetable set.
- Coordinate the Finance Controllers monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Payments and Reconciliation and Finance Controls teams.
- Maintain audit trails from SAP and liaise with internal and external auditors as required to meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Finance Accountant with the production of the annual statutory and regulatory accounts on an annual basis.
- Take an active part in the month end process by producing the monthly balance sheet review and assisting with the working capital budget and monthly reporting.
- Participate in ad- hoc projects and continuous improvement initiatives ensuring the team continue to deliver an effective and innovative service to the business.
- Prepare and review the monthly financial controls reports using our online financial controls register.
- Provide back up to the systems accountant for important month end close and SAP maintenance activities.
- Be the gatekeeper for maintaining the chart of accounts on SAP.
What do you need?
To be considered for this Assistant Financial Accountant role you'll be a part- qualified accountant with a desire to be qualified in the near future. You'll have a good knowledge of IFRS and have experience of reporting and working to deadlines. You'll also be able to put your strong analytical and systems skills to good use by maximising Excel, SAP and other reporting software. With the ability to build strong and long- lasting stakeholder relationships, you'll appreciate how Finance can be viewed as a partner across the business to drive improvements and meet organisational aims and objectives.
If this opportunity sounds like your next career step, please apply today and join us on our transformational journey!
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Due to the nature of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion.
Closing date: 5 April 2019
Interview dates: Mid- Late April
Sign-up or log in to apply