As a graduate with the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, youll be exposed to a variety of work with a range of clients and wont be constrained by hierarchies. You wont just be crunching the numbers, youll be delivering the advice and seeing it implemented. Youll be doing detailed calculations and developing high-level checking systems. Youll be utilising our industry-leading models and designing your own. You wont just be working in one team, youll be working with a range of different people and different departments.
We are looking for an Assistant Consultant thatwill excel in this advisory role. This requires excellent communication skills,a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm. We want someonewho is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, therebycontributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims. We want tohelp you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPSyou will be involved in a wide variety of work. You’ll be supported byon-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilitiesquickly. In addition, you’ll want to be, or already studying for the CharteredFinancial Analyst (CFA) exams or actuarial (IFoA) exams We know that it’s areal challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in anew job, so we’ll help you every step of the way
- we’ll equip you with studymaterials and time to study.
In addition, we will support you through anapprenticeship scheme to start you on a path of becoming an InvestmentConsultant. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualificationswhilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way
- we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salaryalongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect yourcircumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
> To promote and adhere to the XPS workplacevalues.
> Assist clients solve their challenges andbest meet their objectives including but not limited to:
- Drafting written advice to clients on a wide range of topics
- Effectively delivering that advice to clients in meetings
- Regular liaising and communicating within theteam, other departments in XPS, investment managers and clients
- Helping to monitor funds, managers and theirperformance
- Risk analysis and modelling to help ourclients better understand and manage risks relative to their return and otherobjectives
- Assisting with implementing investmentstrategies including asset transitions support alongside our specialist assettransitions team. (Note: we do not manage any money for our clients orundertake any trading.)
- Contributing to the continuous debate abouthow we do an even better job for our clients (e.g. new investment ideas or waysto communicate investment concepts).
> Working as part of a team, initially toassist consulting leads but progressing to checking and communicating directlywith clients at the appropriate time for you
> Involved in manager and fund research in anarea which interests you > Opportunity to be further involved in other areasof personal interest (e.g. Environmental Social and Governance / modelling)
> Study for and take CFA or IFoA exams
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
> Competitive salary
> Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
> 25 days holiday
> Pension Plan
> Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you inand out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security& Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
> Life Assurance cover
> XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savingsfrom retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
> Interest free season ticket loan
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positivelyencourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidatesregardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline
- An A grade (or higher) at A-Level (or equivalentqualification) in mathematics (if actuary or CFA)
- GCSEs in Mathematics and English