Assistant Quantity Surveyor Apprentice - United Utilities - Warrington
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Employability Skills
- Estate and Property Management
- Facility Services
- Warrington remove
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Apprentice
Job ID: 12657
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*;
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career;
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
As an apprentice assistant quantity surveyor, you'll learn what goes on behind the scenes to make sure United Utilities water and wastewater treatment assets are built and maintained.
If you've got great communication skills, an eye for organisation and are a great problem solver, this apprenticeship could be right up your street.
Successful apprentices will achieve a degree in Surveying and full chartered membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How we procure construction contracts for the maintenance and build of UU assets;
- To commercially manage construction contracts, ensuring that they are delivered in accordance with the contracted terms and conditions and that all issues are mitigated and managed to protect United Utilities commercial interests;
- To develop a working knowledge of various forms of construction contract;
- How to manage post-contract commercial processes and procedures to deliver key commercial requirements on projects;
- How to negotiate and resolve contract claims/disputes and support senior managers in the resolution of escalated issues;
- How to communicate, influence and work well with contractors and suppliers as well as a wider variety of teams across the company internally.
- To maintain contract data with a high degree of accuracy to support robust management information and reporting.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
Typically, you'll need either:
- A minimum of three A2 levels at Grade C or higher (or their equivalent)
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £13,500 which will increase each year based on performance
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
* As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/19Sign-up or log in to apply