Transform our future places and spaces
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the engineering industry? Join our Apprenticeship Programme. You'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to the wider team.
While you grow in areas that excites you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also discuss some of our recent Diversity & Inclusion pledges, including Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
What apprenticeship levels are available
We have a range of apprenticeship opportunities at the following levels:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships
- Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship
- Level 6 Degree Apprenticeships
What you could be doing
Join us as an Apprentice at Atkins and be part of a team of big thinkers. You'll be paid for gaining your apprenticeship qualification while enjoying on-the-job mentoring and learning. Your skills will be essential to us, supporting the technical aspects of multidisciplinary design projects. You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energy. And with the choice to work across Cities & Development, Energy, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Examples of tasks that an apprentice could undertake are:
- Supporting engineers creating groundbreaking designs for all kinds of projects
- Get an opportunity to see first-hand how the team provides discipline lead support and see how these skills and expertise are applied to companies.
- As an apprentice you’ll get the opportunity to develop your capability in a wide range of exciting projects
- Create CAD drawings and maintain the drawing register
- Supporting client meetings and assisting in building relationships
- Shaping the future of the digital world
For more information on the business areas that you could be working in please click here
What you can bring
- Ability to work in a team, assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- Be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- Use your own initiative
- Work across different locations on a variety of projects, continually developing your skills and experience
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn't afraid to push boundaries
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your learning, career and personal needs. As well as a competitive salary, enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, a pension plan, tailored career development and a strong support network. Read more about our Total Rewards.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our deadline for applications is Friday, 11 December 2021. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
These roles may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to these roles please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.