You will be working with an experienced mechanic/technician who has a wide experience in the motor vehicle repair & servicing field having worked in the industry for some years. You will get an in depth experience of all motor vehicle mechanical systems including the following;
1. Tyre legislation and technical information including EU Tyre labelling, Tyre Pressure Monitoring systems, sidewall markings, homologated fitments relating to cars, car derived vans and light goods vehicles.
2. Fundamentals of specific vehicle systems including steering & suspension, braking systems, battery & charging systems, exhaust systems and Air-Conditioning systems
3. Vehicle 4-wheel geometry principles
4. Basic consumer legislation relevant to the occupation
5. Appropriate Health & Safety legislation and requirements for the workplace
6. Hybrid/Electric Vehicle system and safe working procedures
7. Data protection requirements to protect customer and payment information
8. General sales principles including, identifying customer & vehicle needs, presenting solutions, closing the sale and dealing with buying resistance
9. How the business works and how you contribute to the overall results, demonstrating commercial awareness
10. How to carry out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance using manufacturers specifications or approved schedules, using vehicle specific data and meeting legal requirements
11. The importance of following work place procedures and the consequences of not doing so.