Business and law are at the centre of most business decision making. As well as developing a broad understanding of business activity you will gain an understanding of the values, principles and rules of English law, and the influence of this on contemporary organisations.
Throughout this degree you will be immersed in a wide range of legal concepts, principles and rules and consider the influence these have on the business environment. You will also investigate and work with a range of case studies to expand and apply your knowledge in a practical setting.
In the exciting and changing international business environment, knowledge and understanding of these subjects will give you a competitive advantage.
- Effective Interdisciplinary Study
- Understanding the Business Environment
- English Legal System
- Law of Contract
- Principles of Marketing
- People in Organisations
- Research Ethics in Action
- Managing Across Cultures
- Law of Tort 1 – Tort of Negligence
- Law of Tort 2 – Land and Other Torts
- European Union Law
- Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Company Law
- Employment Law
- Contemporary Management Issues
- International Management
- Research Planning & Project
This course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements you must have either:
• Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
• Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
• IELTS 6.0 or equivalent