What Does The Top-Up Degree Involve?
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-up) has been designed specifically to give you the knowledge and practical understanding employers look for in today’s ever changing business climate. You will explore key topics including leadership, innovation, marketing and change – vital concepts in the rapidly transforming world of business in any industry.
Whether your ambition is to take on a senior leadership role in a large organisation, or to drive forward the success of your own business, this course will build on your previous studies in business and take your insights and understanding to the next level. Through practical application and business-focused assessments, you will develop skills and knowledge you can apply immediately in the real world.
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-up) is a progression route from a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business or a business related course to gain a full degree awarded by Buckinghamshire New University, our validation partner.
Who Is The Top Up Degree Course For?
This course is particularly aimed at those who already have a broad business-related HND, foundation degree or equivalent, who want to go on to build on their previous experience and skills, as well as develop critical, analytical, creative and reflective approaches to business. Offering flexible timetables, you can fit your studies around your life, with study options including evenings and weekends.
You’ll be well placed to enter employment in management-related positions in both public and private sectors. Graduates have secured employment in local authorities, retail management, financial services, media services and other sectors. Other graduates have gone on to start their own businesses or progressed to further study at post-graduate level.
- Level 5 with a good level of business topics is required:
- a pass in an HND
- a foundation degree
- a recognised UK degree or overseas equivalent
- Evidence of English proficiency (Upper B2). If you have studied an English HND for two years, your completion of the HND meets this requirement.
- You will also need to attend an academic interview at which you will need to show a good conceptual understanding of business and study expectations at Level 6.
Students study four modules which carry 30 credits each:
- Strategic Marketing (MG624) – 30 credits
- Managing Innovation in Business (BM627) – 30 credits
- Leading and Managing Change (MG625) – 30 credits
- Corporate Strategy and Governance (BM628) – 30 credits
- Course Duration: One year, Full time
- Level: RQF Level 6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: Assessments are by coursework and examination with the majority of modules being assessed by coursework only.
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options:
- Two days per week
- Two evenings with a Saturday
- Campus: Kingsbury
- Intake dates: April, September
- Fees: £7500