BA (Hons) Business (Tourism) (CMI) (Blended Learning)
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
Are you interested in business with a passion for travel and tourism? Developing professional level skills and an understanding of the dynamics of the tourism industry is the right choice for you. This course prepares you to become an effective manager in the tourism sector – whilst delivering a range of transferrable business skills.
Whether it’s through understanding the issues facing modern tourism, understanding the nature of domestic vs international travel, or analysing data to improve business performance, completing this degree will give you the skills needed to work in the tourism industry. You will leave with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of general business management.
You’ll have free CMI Membership throughout your studies, giving you access to a range of resources.
Studying via blended learning means you get the best of both worlds, with campus based teaching and online learning combined. This means you get the support and flexibility of online learning alongside structured face to face seminars at one of our study centres in London, Birmingham or Manchester. Studying for your degree via blended learning requires just 2-3 days in the classroom per week, and the rest of the time progress your learning online using our innovative virtual classroom.
- Developing Personal and Management Skills
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Principles of Marketing
- Introduction to Finance
- People in Organisations
- Understanding the Tourism Environment
- Managing across Cultures
- Business Processes
- Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Business Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism Management
- Sustainable Tourism Management
- Contemporary Management Issues
- Strategic Management
- Managing Self and Others
- International Destination Management
- Research Methods and Dissertation
This course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements you must have either:
• Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
• Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
• IELTS 6.0 or equivalentApplication closed