Are you a creative thinker? Do you want know how to apply design theory and skills in practice? If the answer is yes, this is the BA programme for you.
This online course is underpinned with a focus on industry and the ever-evolving medium of technology. Each of the modules hone your skills so that you are ready for the workplace.
On this course you will explore a broad range of digital technologies used within the creative industries. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of traditional mediums, such as typography, print and layout design through the use of a suite of digital mediums. You will be encouraged to produce a broad range of industry related projects, from traditional print and web design, to animation, video and illustration.
- Typography and Image Creation
- Design History & Critical Thinking
- Design and Layout
- Illustration and Animation
- Design Vocabulary
- Digital & Analogue Moving Image
- Studio Practice I
- Studio Practice II
- Reading Images I
- Reading Images II
- Self-Promotion and Packaging I
- Visualising Concepts
- Self-Promotion and Packaging II
- Industry Competition Briefs
- Major Project
This distance learning course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course you must have either:
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If you have work experience
We are happy to consider an application from you if you can show us you have the motivation to study the programme.
We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course. We’ll also ask you for references and evidence of relevant work experience.