BA (Hons) Healthcare Management (CMI) (Blended Learning)
- Alternative Courses/Degrees
- Health and Social Care
- Ealing remove
Typically studied over 3 years, the BA (Hons) Healthcare Management has a range of modules designed to develop you as a professional manager in this sector.
Covering three core themes, Professional Environment & Practice, Operations & Quality Management and Leadership & Management, this course will give you the tools that could lead to a career as a professional practitioner, manager or leader in Social Care.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which is highly respected by employers. Upon sucessful completion of your BA (Hons) Healthcare Degree, you'll also receive a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership to help you stand out of the crowd.
When you sign up for one of our compressed blended degrees and become a student at an Arden University study centre, you get the best of both worlds; all the structure and personal tuition of a full time degree, coupled with the rich online resources and materials that our online students benefit from. This option is ideal for students who want the routine of a full time campus-based degree, without the full time commitment.
This course is available to study at our centres in Manchester, Birmingham, Tower Hill, Holborn, and Ealing.
So, what will it be like?
- You will have just 2-3 set days per week on campus.
- These classes will be led by your module tutor.
- During these sessions you will be encouraged to debate, discuss and ask questions to develop your understanding and acquire key skills.
- Because it combines online learning you can access materials and resources online 24/7.
- The online content includes tutorials, lessons, exercises, study support and chat forums.
- All your coursework and assignments are uploaded to a secure online zone for marking.
- You can contact a tutor or the support team via email or webchat.
It’s a modern, engaging way to learn that lets you balance learning with the other priorities in your life.
Course Content (Modules)
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Skills for Learning in Care
- Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
- Communication and Collaboration in Managing the Professional Environment
- Meeting the Needs of Service Users
- Planning & Managing Resources
- Fostering Dignity and Respect
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Financial Control & Budgeting
- Performance Improvement and Management in Health and Social Care
- Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Inter-Agency Working in Care Delivery
- Leading Teams
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Quality Management in a Care Setting
- Business Analysis and Planning
- Global health and sustainability
- Project Management & Risk
- Research Methods & Final Project
This Healthcare Degree course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements you must have either:
• Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
• Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
• IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If you have work experience
We are happy to consider an application from you if you can show us you have the motivation to study the programme.
We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course. We’ll also ask you for references and evidence of relevant work experience
Don’t have any of the above?
We also offer this course as a 4 year degree which includes a foundation year. This first year prepares you for university level study. It’s perfect if you don’t have the formal qualifications or work experience required above.Sign-up or log in to apply