For this Psychology & Sociology Degree with Foundation Year, you’ll earn a solid base of academic skills and subject knowledge, and spend equal time on both the Psychology and Sociology disciplines with Arden University.
As well as studying the many theories and concepts within these fascinating fields, you will learn to analyse and evaluate concepts based on scientific method.
Over the course of your studies you’ll address questions such as: To what extent are our bodies controlled by external influences? What are the ethical considerations of reintegrating criminals into society? How has social media and globalisation changed our communities? How do political uprisings develop?
- Develop Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime & Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Effective Interdisciplinary Study
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Medicalisation of the Self
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Research & Ethics in Action
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Abnormality & the Deviant Other
- Cyber Communities & Social Networks
- Protests, Mass Movements & Rebellion
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Consumer Society & the Commodification of Beings
- Insecurity & Precariousness in the Globalised World
- Research Planning & Project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
Candidates for our online Psychology & Sociology Degree with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).