This programme will top-up your foundation degree in a business related area to a management degree. It will give you the skills to succeed in the highly competitive business environment and provide you with an excellent foundation for a wide range of business and management careers.
This versatile programme gives you the option to choose units of study that suit your interests. You can either choose the general management route, or choose from five specialised areas of business to focus your studies.
The overall aims of the programme are to:
- Enable learners to acquire and develop a range of higher level skills appropriate to the work of managers at middle level positions in private, public or voluntary sector organisations in a range of specific contexts, to include general management, international business, human resources, events, housing or sport management.
- Facilitate learners to develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of management and demonstrate the ability to apply such principles in a range of specific contexts, to include general management, international business, human resources, events, housing or sport management.
- Enable students to analyse and evaluate their own learning, and undertake independent self-development.
- Provide a stimulating, rigorous and challenging academic experience that fosters a commitment to lifelong learning within the student.
There are four core modules:
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Strategy & Change
- Managing Organisational Performance
- Management Project.
Additionally, you will opt to study one option module. The number and type of option modules available is subject to changes in our curriculum offer, but may include:
- Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business & Marketing
- Events & Marketing Management
- Management Law
- Managing Public, Voluntary & Community Services
- Building Inclusive & Resilient Communities
- Sports Development
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Managing Finance
- International Strategic Management
- Managing Employment Relations
- Resource & Talent Management
- Health, Safety and Security Management for Events
- Housing, Health and Social Policy
- Sports Marketing Management
- Sports Events & Hospitality Management
- Understanding Society and Families to improve Social Housing Provision.
You will hold a Level 5 qualification in business, management or public administration.
If English is not your first language, you will be required to hold IELTs Level 6 or above (or equivalent).
What next after BA (Hons) top-up Management
Study further with a master's degree or a professional qualification such as CMI. Alternatively, use the knowledge and transferable skills you have gained through your degree to embark on, or progress, a career in management. Managerial roles can be found across all industries and sectors.