Explore visual art forms such as drawing, painting, sculpture, crafts, printmaking, and photography, and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in this exciting industry.
You will learn through creative studio based activities, leading to negotiated imaginative outcomes, alongside self-initiated briefs, ensuring you can focus on the development of your personal style and portfolio.
One-to-one tuition, group tutorials and critiques in a practical, academic and pastoral capacity will form the basis of your time in college. Small group sizes ensure access to mixed media spaces and industry standard Apple Mac resources for personal and professional development.
- To encourage the development of professional, innovative and creative outcomes in a supportive work-related learning environment.
- To engage you in academic activities and negotiated projects, as simulated or live client briefs, underpinned by personalised learning and individual focus.
- To promote engagement in industry focussed work, supporting the acquisition of professional skills relevant to employment or self-employment opportunities within the creative industries.
UCAS tariff points: 240
Standard entry requirements are as followed:
- You will be working towards, or have attained, a Level 5 qualification (HND/ FdSc/ international equivalent 120 ECTS credits) in a related discipline.
- All external applicants must be interviewed with an art and design based portfolio (international applicants via internet/email respectfully)
- Evidence of digital literacy within portfolio to meet the needs of Level 6
- To have or be working towards Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English Language (or a minimum 5.5 IELTS in each band for international applicants).