Backend Developer Apprentice - Bank
Not taking applications
- Employment & Training
- Academic & Education
BACKEND DEVELOPER APPRENTICE – BANK – EC3V
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
Our client is a dynamic startup company with a strong vision to change the way the dating industry works. Driven by the strong belief that existing providers don’t respect their customers, but also the lack of effectiveness in current dating solutions, it offers a streamlined service that takes the user to a date with someone new without hassle and hidden risks.
The team of four full-timers is operating in a truly lean style, by employing modern-day tools and techniques to boost our performance. Expect to work in an environment that takes advantage of physical and virtual work processes combined. After being funded by 123 investors through Seedrs.com they are now looking to grow the team with an aspiring individual who will undertake the challenging task of building & maintaining our backend systems.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
· Maintain & implement new functionalities to a Django backend system, connected with Restful and API.
· Linux system administration.
· Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
· Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
· Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
- Keen and willing to learn
- An ability to work within a team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, preferable Debian
- Knowledge of Python language
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website – www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways – Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well – hey presto – YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!Sign-up or log in to apply