At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our apprenticeship programme is to help you find yours.
Our Business Administration apprenticeship combines practical work experience with a useful qualification. We’ll teach you the key concepts and administrative techniques required to work in a business environment. Skills such as organisation, customer service, stakeholder management and the ability to work well under pressure.
We offer this qualification across a range of departments. Whichever department you work in, you’ll gain exposure to different industries such as engineering, news and finance.
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating and you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way meaning you’ll get a dedicated line manager, a buddy and a mentor.
Bringing clarity to a complex world is our purpose. Ready to find yours?
Global Customer Support
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support Apprenticeship, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a future Bloomberg Customer Support Apprentice you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide login support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our 500 strong global team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
The Global Customer Support team is the perfect place to utilise any languages you speak in addition to English – particularly if you speak fluent French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish or Japanese.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Successful candidates should possess:
- Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and any of the following languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German at a business fluency level.
- A demonstrated interest in Finance and Technology
- Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
We recruit on a rolling basis so an early application is advised.
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV and/or your UCAS personal statement. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 20 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Video Interview: Meet with your future team leaders and demonstrate the skills you have for the role. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with the Head of Department to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com
Bloomberg apprenticeships are co-delivered with Whitehat and our apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the