BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance (ACCA) (Blended Learning)
If you want to work in accountancy or finance, then this degree is for you. This BSc in Accounting and Finance will provide you with key skills in financial reporting and management accounting. This award is an ACCA accredited programme, meaning that upon successful completion of the programme, you'll be eligible for maximum exemption to ACCA membership (papers F1-F9).
By the end of the course, you'll have a developed understanding and knowledge of how to apply your skills in financial management and management accounting to inform good financial decision making in real business situations.
When you sign up for one of our compressed blended degrees and become a student at an Arden University study centre, you get the best of both worlds. All the structure and personal tuition of a full time degree, coupled with the rich online resources and materials that our online students benefit from. This option is ideal for students who want the routine of a full time campus-based degree, without the full time commitment.
This course is available to study at our centres in Manchester, Birmingham, Tower Hill, Holborn, and Ealing.
So, what will it be like?
- You will have just 2 set days per week at the study centre
- These classes will be led by your module tutor
- During these sessions you will be encouraged to debate, discuss and ask questions to develop your understanding and acquire key skills
- Because it combines online learning you can access materials and resources online 24/7
- The online content includes tutorials, lessons, exercises, study support and chat forums
- All your coursework and assignments are uploaded to a secure online zone for marking
- You can contact a tutor or the support team via Skype, email, webchat or phone
It’s a modern, engaging way to learn that lets you balance learning with the other priorities in your life.
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Developing Personal & Management Skills
- Business Maths
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Management Information Systems
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Business Law
- British Tax System
- Accounting and Audit Framework
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Decision Making
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Financial Management
- Professional, Statutory and Current Accounting Issues
- Research Methods and Dissertation
This course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements, you must have either:
- Two subjects at GCE A Level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in Maths and two other subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- Competed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If you have work experience
We are happy to consider an application from you if you can show us you have the motivation to study the programme.
We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course. We’ll also ask you for references and evidence of relevant work experience.Sign-up or log in to apply