We offer this Degree as a four year course with an integrated Foundation Year to give you the skills you need to succeed at undergraduate study. The perfect on-ramp to your undergraduate studies, the Foundation Year prepares you with the skills you will need to succeed as you progress in your studies.
This BSc Accounting & Finance Degree course from Arden University will provide you with key skills in financial reporting and management accounting, and knowing how to apply these to inform good financial decision making in real business situations.
Foundation Year Modules
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills and Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Structure of Business
- Technology in Organisations
During the first 6 weeks (Block 1) you will also attend 4 study skills workshops, providing advice and guidance to help you achieve university success. Sessions may include Reading & Note-Taking, iLearn Online Library, Referencing & Plagiarism and Approaching Assignments. This will bring your weekly class time up to 9.5 hours a week for Block 1. The following study blocks will be the usual 8 hours classroom time (+online tuition and self-guided study time).
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Developing Personal and Management Skills
- Business Maths
- Understanding the Business Environment (Accounting and Finance)
- Managing Information Systems
- Business Law
- British Taxation
- Accounting & Audit Framework
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Professional, Statutory and Current Accounting Issues
- Research Methods and Dissertation
This Blended Learning Accounting & Finance Degree with Foundation Year has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this four-year course at Arden University you must have either:
- GCSE Maths Grade C or equivalent
- At least 1 year's full-time work experience
Candidates who do not have GCSE English at grade C or 5 will be required to undertake a literacy assessment for entry. Students must still have an English qualification to support previous study in English – the Arden English Assessment does not exempt you from this.
Candidates for our BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance Degree with Foundation Year are also required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Their motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).