BSc (Hons) Computing (Information Management)
- Distance Learning
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Information Management Apprenticeships
Information is power – and knowing how manage a range of data accessed through a variety of technologies in support of an organisation is a valuable skill. This course is perfect for you if you want to build a portfolio of evidence for employers that shows you can provide computer-based solutions to complex problems, using the most up to date tools and technology.
The BSc Computing (Information Management) programme is designed to develop your knowledge and skills in computing, with a particular focus on the management of information.
Successfully completing this programme will enable you to assess the information needs in different parts of a business (for example HR, sales, marketing and accounting) and it will help you to understand systems analysis and design from a practical, theoretical and strategic perspective. It will help you to learn how to manage and transform this data into useful information to support business needs. You will also gain a keen awareness of the current developments in computing and the subject expertise needed to identify, explain and evaluate current and evolving trends, technologies and methodologies.
- Professional Development
- Computer Technology
- Website Design
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems in Organisations
- Data Communications
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Quality Systems in IT
- Database Implementation
- Strategic Information Systems
- Management in IT
- Current Trends in Networking
- Computer Systems Security
- Advanced Database Concepts
- Computing Project
This course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements you must have either:
• Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
• Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
• IELTS 6.0 or equivalentSign-up or log in to apply